Horizontal rain, driving winds and all-angles drizzle require a certain kind of protection. The Fortitude is a classic all-weather hillwalking waterproof, combining high performance fabrics with a relaxed fit and longer cut that’ll keep your bum dry!
- Relaxed fit and longer in the body for more protection
- Hardwearing 100% recycled face fabric with PFC-free DWR
- Deep main pockets and an OS-map sized chest pocket
"You earn good weather," but that doesn’t mean you have to get hit hard by the rough stuff. The Fortitude uses a longer cut than our other waterproofs, providing the extra coverage you need to avoid pulling your waterproof trousers on during quick squalls...Read more
The relaxed fit means there’s plenty of room for layers, with waist and hem drawcords to cinch your jacket in when you’re not wearing as much underneath. And a fully adjustable hood with wired peak stays in place even during howling gales.
The deep main pockets have been situated so you can access them above rucksack hip-belts and the roomy chest pocket is big enough to fit an OS map. All zips on the Fortitude are covered by storm flaps to make sure the weather stays on the outside!
We’ve used a hardwearing rip-stop face fabric to withstand all the usual scuffs and scrapes and the backing fabric has a wicking mesh that helps to pull moisture away from your body. This also feels more comfortable next to bare skin: warm when you’re cool and cool when you’re hot.
This 3-layer material is highly breathable, keeping you dry and comfortable for a full day on the hill. And it’s treated with a completely PFC-free durable water repellent to avoid using any potentially nasty chemicals - whoop!
"The Fortitude is our most sustainable waterproof shell to date, merging high performance technologies with environmentally responsible choices. We use recycled materials wherever we can without compromising on performance, so the outer fabric uses a 70 denier polyester that’s really hardwearing, and it’s 100% recycled to reduce our demand on virgin materials." - Ronnie, Design ManagerRead less
- Longer body length for greater protection and to avoid over-trousers for longer
- Relaxed fit for layering up underneath in cold weather
- OS Map sized chest pocket and side pockets that sit clear of rucksack hip-belts
- Fully-adjustable hood with a wired peak for bad weather protection
- Wicking mesh backer draws moisture away and is more comfortable against bare skin
- 100% recycled face fabric is a tough and hardwearing 70 denier thickness
- Waist and hem draw cords to cinch down in bad weather or when wearing fewer layers
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Hydrostatic Head: 20,000mm
MVTR: 20,000 g/sm/24hrs
160gsm 3 layer fabric
Outer Fabric: 70D 100% recycled polyester
Membrane: 100% polyester membrane
Inner Fabric: Bi-component (78% polyester/ 22% nylon) wicking knit backer
DWR: PFC Free
Product Care Information
It’s super easy to look after your Fortitude to maintain its breathability. When water starts soaking into your jacket rather than ‘beading’ in droplets on the surface, it’s time to give it a wash to refresh the durable water repellent (DWR) treatment. Just follow these simple steps:
1) Wash on a gentle cycle at 30°C (make sure your washing machine drawer is completely clean first) or handwash with cold water.
2) Use a technical wash product or pure soap. DO NOT use detergent, fabric conditioners or softeners.
3) Rinse thoroughly and line dry or tumble dry on low heat to reactivate the DWR. You can also use a cool (but never hot) iron.
4) You may need to refresh the DWR treatment about once or twice a year (depending on usage). You can either use a wash-in or spray-on re-proofer. Nikwax and Grangers re-proofers are both PFC-free.
The Fortitude uses a completely PFC-free DWR treatment on its outer fabric. PFCs are potentially harmful chemicals that have been found to build up in the environment. We don't like the sound of that so we're working hard to get rid of them.
We use recycled fabrics whenever we can without compromising on the performance of the product. The Fortitude uses a 100% recycled polyester face fabric made from post-consumer recycled (PCR) content.
|Men's waterproof jacket sizing chart|
|This size chart indicates the body measurements our garments are designed to fit. Measure yourself as described below, and use the size chart to find your size.
Chest: measure around your chest at the widest part. The tape measure should pass under your arms, and be level from front to back.
Waist: measure around your waist at the narrowest part.
Hips: standing with your feet together, measure around your hips at the widest part.