Terms & Conditions
INFORMATION ABOUT US AND OUR WEBSITE
This website is owned and operated by Alpkit Ltd: a limited company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 5146091, VAT Num 842698783. Our principal activity is the design and retail of outdoor equipment.
These terms and conditions constitute an agreement with you and Alpkit Ltd. By using this website and making purchases from Alpkit Ltd you agree to these terms and conditions. Alpkit Ltd may change these terms at any time. Please review these terms often to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Alpkit Ltd. If you do not agree to all the following terms you should not use this site. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom.
If you have a concern about our terms and conditions our phone number is 01773 417007 between 9.00 am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Alternatively you can email Alpkit Ltd at email@example.com or write to: Unit 12-14 Oak House, Moorgreen Industrial Estate, Engine Lane, Newthorpe, Nottingham, NG16 3QU, United Kingdom.
If you have a complaint please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; phone us on 01773 417007 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) or write to Alpkit Ltd, Unit 12-14 Oak House, Engine Lane, Newthorpe, NG16 3QU
As soon as we receive a complaint action will be taken to rectify the problem. If you contacted us by post or email, we will reply by email. If you contact us by phone, we aim to be able to resolve the issue immediately. If we need a little time to investigate the matter, then we will aim to respond within 3 working days.
If you are dissatisfied with our response and your agreement is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge, but you must do so within six months of the date of the final response or 8 week holding letter. Further information and contact details can be found on www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
Vulnerable Customer Policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that the operations of Alpkit Ltd or any of its subsidiaries, partners and providers do not have any negative impact upon vulnerable customers. For the purposes of this policy vulnerable customers are customers and prospective customers whose ability or circumstances require us to take extra precautions when we sell and provide our services to ensure that they are not disadvantaged in any way.
What is a vulnerable customer?
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) defines a vulnerable customer as:
“Someone who, due to their personal circumstances, is especially susceptible to detriment, particularly when a form is not acting with appropriate levels of care.”
The FCA expects firms to treat customers fairly when dealing with people with vulnerable circumstances.
Identifying a vulnerable customer
Our staff are trained to identify vulnerable customers so we can take extra steps to assist outside of our standard procedures. However, it is not always possible to recognise these characteristics. Therefore, if you believe you may fit the criteria for a vulnerable customer, please read this policy and notify us immediately of your needs.
We recognise that certain groups of customers may be vulnerable. Whilst not all customers in these groups may be vulnerable. These groups may include, but are not restricted to:
- Customers with communication difficulties (including learning difficulties and English not being their first language, dyslexia)
- A customer with a reduction in physical or mental capacity
- Customers with health issues - illness, whether physical or mental illness, severe or long term (including dementia, mental disorder cancer etc)
- A sudden diagnosis of serious illness to the customer or close family member Personal circumstances of the customer (factors such as severe financial difficulties, bereavement, caring responsibilities or redundancy)
- The customers age,particularly older and younger people.
Engaging with a vulnerable customer
As soon we think we may be engaging with a vulnerable customer, whether this is through our identification or you are approaching us, we will:
- Make a record of the interaction and ensure we adhere to this policy
- Provide additional opportunities for you to ask questions about the information we have provided
- Continuously seek confirmation that you have understood the information that has been provided
- Offer you the opportunity to complete the transaction after a period of further consideration To allow more time and flexibility in your arrangements with us to try and come to a successful outcome.
Climbing, mountaineering, trekking and associated activities are dangerous and potentially deadly. It is the individual's own responsibility to fully accept all risks, damages, injury or death which may result from such activities. Evaluate your experience honestly before you put your life in danger and seek qualified instruction.
Alpkit Ltd does not seek to limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from their negligence.
Unless otherwise specified the copyright to the contents of all the pages in this website are owned or licensed to Alpkit Ltd, or are used with permission from the owner. The contents, design or material of this website may not be copied, reproduced, modified, downloaded or used in any form without the prior permission of Alpkit Ltd.
SALE OF GOODS
It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations please contact us.
Our site offers payment in multiple currencies.
- Select the currency you would like to purchase in from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
- You will pay the amount in the currency indicated in the checkout and on the order confirmation page.
- We reserve the right to cancel and refund any order should there be a pricing error.
We accept payments from: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Paypal, Apple Pay and Google Pay. Your account is charged immediately on placing an order. You may also be given the opportunity to pay by Klarna if eligible.
If your card is registered with your bank for advanced fraud checking features such as Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode and Address Verification Service (AVS) you will be asked to provide additional security details. You can confirm the secure connection by checking that the web address (URL) starts with 'https://'.
Confirmation of order
When we have received your order or payment you will receive confirmation of your order by email. This order does not constitute a binding contract until the point at which we despatch your order. Contracts will be concluded in English language.
We take payment at the time you place an order. We only put items on pre-order when our factory confirms a shipment date. Our pre-order date is the date that we expect to despatch your order. If you ordered a bike it is the date we will start to build it. Unfortunately unforeseen delays do occasionally happen and we do our best to keep you informed of your order progress at all times.
You have an unconditional right to cancel your order within 14 working days of receiving your order. You must provide Alpkit Ltd with written notice of cancellation in a durable medium and you must return at your own cost all goods in the state in which they were received by you. If we have already processed your payment we will refund you in full within 30 days of cancellation.
Our aim is to despatch goods as quickly as possible; this will be the same day if the order is received before 2 pm and items are in stock. After this time if we can process the order that day we will; if this is not possible it will go out the following working day. If you have ordered an item that is on preorder, we will despatch your order once the goods have arrived at our warehouse. We do our best to correctly estimate this arrival date at the time of purchase however this is an estimate only and is subject to change. Your account is charged immediately on placing an order. Any amendments to the original order need to be confirmed in writing however once your order has been processed by our warehouse we are unable to alter or amend an order and ask that you wait for it to arrive with you before contacting us to arrange a return. All quoted delivery times are estimates only unless you have paid for a guaranteed service and placed your order in time for next day despatch.
Delivery: Rest of the world
Deliveries to countries outside the EU may incur customs duty and local VAT on delivery. This charge will depend on the country and you should enquire locally for more information.
Return of Goods Policy/Refunds
Changed your mind? Not quite what you were looking for? No problem; we are happy to accept returns of goods for refund or exchange (stock permitting). Goods should be returned within 123 days of receipt. All returned items must be unused and in their original packaging: we cannot accept goods back that we cannot sell as new, and they must be accompanied by the original delivery note. If we find on return of the goods that they are in any way used or damaged, we reserve the right to recover the cost of these damages from the customer up to the price that was paid for the goods. In all cases we will only process a refund once we receive the goods. Please ensure that you make adequate provision for the safe return of the goods; all return postage costs are the customer's responsibility unless otherwise stated.
For the safety of all our customers we are unable to exchange new or unused climbing equipment for refund or exchange unless it is unfit for purpose, not as described, not of satisfactory quality, or returned in accordance with your legal right to cancel as detailed above. Climbing ropes and climbing hardware are personal protection devices, one day you may have to call on that shiny new nut to save your bacon. No one wants to receive these items from an unknown source; you as a buyer need to have absolute confidence that your products have not been tampered with right? Even though we have the nicest customers in the world, once these products have left our sight we are no longer able to vouch for their authenticity or history. Please bear this in mind before you make your purchase, this is for your safety and the safety of the people you climb with.
If you believe your goods to be faulty; incorrectly described; not fit for purpose or if the wrong item has been despatched please contact us prior to returning the item. We can then arrange for the goods to be returned to us at our expense and an exchange or full refund of the original price paid.
When returning an item, always ask for a Proof of Posting. We are not liable for any returns that are lost or delayed in the post back to us. At our absolute discretion, we may issue an exchange or refund for an item that has gone missing if the customer can provide proof of posting/signed for delivery.
Please note, we can only refund the card used in the original sale. It is entirely up to the customer's card issuing bank to decide how much time it takes to effect a credit. Our account is debited the very next day when the credit gets settled but it may take up to 3 - 4 working days for the funds to get credited to the cardholder's account depending on the card issuing bank.
Alpkit products are available exclusively from Alpkit.com. We do not sell to the trade, however we know there are several companies and individuals who are buying our goods and offering them for re-sale at a higher price. Whilst we cannot stop people doing this your Alpkit warranty is only valid for the original customer with a proof of purchase. Alpkit products brought through a second party, e.g. eBay, outdoor centres etc may not be covered. Please be aware that any products sold in our second-life area 'yardy', are not subject to our usual warranty.
International Warranty (Products sold outside the UK)
We double-check all of our products that are due to be sent round the world to ensure that they are in perfect condition when they leave the warehouse but we are aware that things can go wrong. We will always stand by our products and if they are faulty we will always repair/replace them however you must cover the cost of returning the faulty product to us.
We try to make sure that items listed on our site are always in stock. In situations when an item becomes discontinued or temporarily unavailable we will contact you to let you know when the item will be in stock or to arrange a refund.
Member Reward Accounts
How you earn dividends
- Dividend of 10% on full price product purchases and 5% on sale or promo purchases
- Purchases can be online or instore, just make sure you register them against the same account
- Dividends are only earned on product purchases (not services, gift vouchers, gas or postage)
- Get £5 for each product review we publish with a photo or £3 without a photo
How we issue dividends
- We distribute dividends twice a year in April and October
- Dividends are issued in the form of Dividend Codes and listed on your member account page
- Dividend Codes issued in October 2023 will be based on orders fulfilled from 24/03/23 to 30/09/23. Dividends issued prior to this will expire on October 31st.
- Dividend Codes are issued in denominations of £5, £10, £20 and £50. We use a greedy algorithm to calculate how many of each you will get. For example, if you earned £175 of dividends you will receive 3 x £50, 1 x £20, 1 x £5
- We are unable to tailor the denominations to your next purchase, as they are based on purchase history.
- We won’t forget about dividends earned on unfulfilled pre-orders. We will add these to your account on the next issue
- Dividends for product reviews are issued weekly in denominations of £20
How to use your Dividend Codes
- You can use your Dividend Codes online or in store. If you can’t remember your Dividend Code, our store team will be able to retrieve it from your account
- The value of your order must be at least twice the value of your Dividend Code. For example, to use a £20 Dividend Code your order value must be £40 or greater (excluding postage and non-product items)
- One Dividend Code can be used per order. If you want to use 2 Dividend Codes treat yourself to another order
- Dividend Codes cannot be merged or transferred between accounts
- Dividend Codes can be used against all products with the exception of gift vouchers, non Alpkit branded products, 3-for-2 promotions and gas
- Dividend Codes can be used on sale and clearance price items
- If your total order value is below the free postage threshold you will have to pay postage
- Our Dividend Codes are for giving and sharing. Gift your codes to friends and family, your local scout group or school DofE co-ordinator. You’ll look cool and they’ll thank you for it
- Dividend Codes automatically expire after 6 months. But don’t worry, as long as you’ve been buying our goodies you’ll be issued with some brand new codes
- Dividend Codes cannot be exchanged into cash and have no cash, monetary or real-world value
- Member Rewards can be withdrawn at any time.
- Dividend codes are single use, and cannot be reactivated on return of an item
- There are some email communications which are necessary for us to send to our members in the service of their membership, such as account information, password reminders, reward balances, order tracking, event reminders. You cannot opt out of these communications but you can choose to cancel your Member Rewards account. This will remove you from any future Member Rewards communications as we will be unable to deliver rewards and benefits to you. This won't affect any Alpkit marketing preferences you may have, which are separate.
- The value of your Gift Certificate is indicated clearly on the certificate.
- Any unused balance will be placed in the recipient's Gift Certificate account until it reaches its expiration date.
- If the order exceeds the value of the gift certificate, the balance must be paid by credit or debit card.
- It is not currently possible to combine multiple Gift Certificates in a single order.
- Gift Certificates cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Gift certificates and unused portions of gift certificates expire one year from the date of issue.
- Alpkit Gift Certificates are only valid and can only be redeemed on our website, Alpkit.com.
- You can not use Gift Certificates to purchase other gift certificates, that would be crazy.
Website images and colour reproduction
We make every effort to ensure that images displayed on our website are as accurate as possible but we cannot guarantee an exact colour match to the product as displayed on your screen.
The information on our site is constantly updated and from time to time may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. We aim to correct these as soon as we become aware of them. In situations where the provided information is crucial to your purchasing decision and the eventual use of a product we recommend you contact us for clarification and confirmation of details. We reserve the right to alter specifications and prices without notice.
In no event will Alpkit Ltd be liable for any damages arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use, or inability to use this site. We make no warranty that this site or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or bugs.
Throughout the Alpkit Web site, you will find links to third party websites. Please note that Alpkit is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of third party sites.