SLMM Minimum Kit Requirements
Whether it's your very first Mountain Marathon or you're a well seasoned mountain running champion, one thing's for sure; you're not going anywhere if you don't meet the minimum kit requirements as set by the Fell Runners Association.
Don't panic though, we've got everything sorted in a nice neat collection so you don't have to think about it, but just so you know exactly what you need we've outlined the list below...
- Insulated sleeping bag
- Survival bag
- Waterproof jacket (with hood) and over-trousers
- Full length trousers/tights/leggings (not cotton)
- T-shirt/base layer (not cotton)
- Long sleeved midlayer (not cotton)
- Hat & gloves
- Compass & whistle
- Waterproof pen/pencil
- Stove & fuel
- Food (for 2 days plus emergency rations)
- Plasters and bandage
For full details and specifications of minimum kit requirements, we recommend you read the rules for the Saunders so you know exactly what you need.