The Pacific Crest 55L is designed for carrying everything you need on self-supported backpacking trips, trekking holidays and long-distance footpaths.
- Adjustable back system and a cushioned hip belt for comfort
- Simple, lightweight design for a low starting weight (1.75kg)
- Hardwearing fabrics and construction with a reinforced base
With its adjustable back system, the Pacific Crest allows you to carry heavy loads in comfort. The simple Velcro adjustment directs weight onto the padded hip belt, reducing strain on your shoulders and lower back. It’s also got breathable channels to let cool air flow through when you’re overheating.
The Pacific Crest packs in a vast array of pockets to help you organise your stuff. The deep lid pocket includes a separate document pocket and there’s a shallow zipped pocket on the front of the pack. Two stretchy side pockets and two hip belt pockets give you easy access to snacks, maps and water bottles, so you don’t have to wrestle your pack to the ground first.
We’ve also added zipped bottom and side entries to the main compartment. This allows you to easily get to extra layers and waterproofs during the day and your camping kit in the evening. And it saves your from messing up your carefully packed rucksack!
We’ve used durable materials and construction throughout and the tough nylon face fabric has been reinforced at the base with a panel of 600D polyester to protect this high wear area. The waterproof fabric provides a high level of water resistance and a handy rain cover tucked away in a pocket in the bottom.
“For the Pacific Crest we went right back to the basics of deciding what was essential for a multi-day rucksack; the more we could reduce the overall weight, the more of your own kit you’d be able to carry. By removing unnecessary features, using a lighter foam and careful fabric selection, we’ve kept the weight of the rucksack under 2kg without compromising on durability, practicality or comfort.” - Rowan, Product Developer
- Adjustable back system and cushioned hip belt for carrying comfort
- Hardwearing fabrics and construction with a reinforced 600D polyester base
- Extendable floating lid, compressions straps and a double drawcord for flexible packing
- Zipped side and bottom entry and an internal divider to separate kit
- Stretchy side and hip-belt pockets for easy-access storage on the move
- Lid pocket with a key clip and separate documents pocket and a zipped front pocket
- Waterproof fabric (not seam taped) and a zip-away rain cover to keep kit dry
- Hydration port and an internal hydration sleeve for water bladders
- Straps at the base for attaching a traditional foam roll mat or excess gear
- Loops and elastic cords for attaching walking poles or ice axes
- Emergency whistle on the sternum strap
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Face Fabric: 420D Nylon
Base Fabric: 600D Reinforced Polyester
Performance: 5,000mm HH, non-taped seams, C0 PFC-Free DWR
Rain Cover: 210D Ripstop Polyester, 4,000HH
Product Care Information
To keep the Pacific Crest’s DWR working at its best, we recommend hand washing the outer fabric with a dedicated tech wash or pure soap and reproof it with a spray-on DWR once or twice a year (depending on usage).
The Pacific Crest uses a completely PFC Free water repellent treatment to protect from showers. PFCs are harmful chemicals that have been found to build up in the environment. We don’t like the sound of that so we’re working hard to get rid of them.