The Chilkoot are super comfortable softshell trousers, a classic all-rounder suited to a huge range of outdoor activities.
- Highly wind resistant fabric with a water repellent treatment
- Stretch fabric and an articulated cut for full freedom of movement
- Double-weave construction wicks sweat away from your skin
Striding out across Kinder, kneeling in your open boat, or bridging across a rock groove, the Chilkoots will work with you, not against you. The fabric is super stretchy, so your moves are completely unhindered (no, not your dance moves. Although, now you mention it...)...Read more
The fabric is highly wind resistant, and the double weave construction helps wick moisture away from the skin, making the Chilkoots suitable for year round use. We've also treated the fabric with a PFC-free durable water repellent (DWR). This means they’ll shrug off the odd bit of drizzle too — or a spilled brew!
We've included plenty of pockets to stash your stuff. There are two zipped hand pockets on the front, one of which has a key clip loop sewn in. On the thigh, there's also a zipped pocket with an internal security pocket (which will fit an iPhone) and another zipped pocket on the rear.Read less
- Double weave construction is highly wind resistant and wicks away sweat
- Diamond shape gusseted-crotch and stretch fabric for freedom of movement
- PFC-free water repellent treatment for shower protection
- Double-stitched critical seams provide extra durability
- Zipped hand, thigh and rear pockets with an internal security pocket
- Active cut for moving quickly and unhindered over rough terrain
8: 315 g, 10: 325 g, 12: 335 g, 14: 345 g
Fabric: 88% nylon , 12% spandex double weave, 166gsm
C6 DWR water repellent coating
Product Care Information
When your trousers stop beading, wash them in pure soap or a tech wash (like Nikwax Tech Wash or Grangers Performance Wash) to keep the water repellent treatment working at its best. If you do use detergent, make sure you rinse your trousers thoroughly to remove any leftover traces. You may need to reproof your trousers once or twice a year, depending on usage. If you can, use a spray-on reproofer to treat just the outer fabric. This will help maintain the wicking properties of the inside lining. Nikwax and Grangers both make spray on PFC-free reproofers.
The Chilkoot use a completely PFC-free durable water repellent treatment (DWR) on their outer fabric. PFCs are potentially harmful and have been found to build up in the environment. We don't like the sound of that so we've been working hard to get rid of them.
Measure around your waist at the narrowest part.
Measure around your hips at the widest part.
Leg Length Size
Measure from the top of your inside leg at the crotch to the floor. Where not stated size is regular.
These are excellent and versatile trousers suitable for all but the warmest Scottish days.