The Big Papa allows you to carry large, bulky items on your bike, fitting quickly into the Big Papa Harness to speed up your daily packing routine
- 17 litre expedition size to cover various trips
- Durable materials and a reinforced construction
- Highly water-resistant with waterproof fabric and a roll-top
Your sleeping bag, bivvy bag, tarp, 3-piece suite…. Ok, maybe not the 3-piece suite. With a maximum capacity of 17 litres, the Big Papa is designed for long bikepacking trips and round-the-world expeditions. Three different seat pack sizes give you multiple carrying options for shorter or warmer trips.
Having a separate harness that stays on your bike gets rid of the daily faff of wrestling heavy seat packs and fiddling with straps – the bane of bikepackers everywhere! The Big Papa bag slots neatly into the Big Papa Harness, allowing you to pack up and get out riding quicker, whether it’s the daily commute or month-long tour. (Please note: the Big Papa bags require the Harness to attach to your bike. The two sections are also available in a bundle.)
Made from lightweight and tear/abrasion-resistant VX21 fabric, the Big Papa seat pack is designed to last, ride after ride, through even the most jaw-clattering of terrains. VX21 is also fully waterproof. Combined with the roll-top closure (3 turns should do it), this makes the seat pack highly water-resistant, protecting your kit in bad weather. The stitching isn’t seam taped though so we’d always recommend wrapping any electronics or down items in a dry bag – especially if you expect to be fording any rivers!
Handmade and designed in Nottinghamshire by our talented factory team, the Big Papa comes with a 25-year Alpine Bond.
- Compatible with the Big Papa Harness for easy packing and unpacking
- Abrasion and tear resistant material for durability
- Highly water-resistant with waterproof fabrics and a roll-top closure
- Provides a large amount of under saddle storage without racks
- Roll-top bags can be cinched down to reduce empty space
- 25 Year Alpine Bond
VX21 210D nylon laminate
Origin: United Kingdom
Product Care Information
The Big Papa packs have a DWR coating which helps them to repel water and dirt. After your ride, wipe down your seat pack with a damp cloth to remove dirt or use mild soap on more stubborn muck. Leave to air dry.