The Roundhouse is a luxurious four-person bell tent, using sustainable, long lasting materials. Highly breathable polycotton canvas maintains a comfortable climate of fresh air day and night, staying cool in the heat and warm in the cold.
- Polycotton canvas uses 100% organic cotton
- Breathable cotton allows for better air quality and significantly less condensation
- Polycotton canvas has much higher UV resistance and longevity
The big advantage of polycotton canvas is that it creates a far nicer internal tent atmosphere for living and sleeping in. Polycotton breathes much more effectively than pure polyester or nylon, providing better air quality and significantly reducing condensation. This keeps Roundhouse at the perfect climate for living and sleeping in. Thanks to the cotton, it stays cool in hot weather and traps more heat when the temperature drops.
The central pole structure of the bell tent design provides an abundance of internal space, giving that luxurious home from home feeling. With 2 metres of standing height and a 3 metre diameter, the Roundhouse has enough room to comfortably lounge, cook or entertain without feeling restricted, and yet it still packs neatly into car boots for a weekend away.
The Roundhouse is a tent that’s built to last - not just for one summer. We've been meticulous in construction, selecting a hardwearing canvas, durable 400D PU floor to withstand rogue sticks and stones, and strong steel poles and pegs. This makes Roundhouse incredibly sturdy in strong winds or even under heavy snow fall.
We’re committed to only using cotton from organic or Better Cotton Initiative-certified sources which is why we’ve used 100% organic cotton. We've also used wooden toggles, which we've ensured are FSC-sourced.
In many ways, polycotton canvas is the perfect tent fabric. As well as its unrivaled breathability, polycotton canvas is much more resistant to deterioration by UV rays. This extends the Roundhouse’s lifespan well beyond a nylon or polyester equivalent – up to 4 times longer in fact. - Rowan, Design Tech
Pair the Roundhouse with the Roundhouse Inner for the additional comfort of a separate bedroom compartment.Read less
- Polycotton canvas uses 100% organic cotton and wooded toggles are FSC-certified.
- Polycotton has superior breathability, improving air quality and reducing condensation.
- Luxuriously spacious with a 3 metre internal diameter and 2 metres of standing height around the central pole.
- Canvas is highly UV-resistant and up to 3x longer-lasting than polyester or nylon.
- Durable materials and construction used throughout to increase the tent’s lifespan.
- Bell tent structure is exceptionally stable in strong winds and under the weight of snowfall.
- Integrated bathtub groundsheet provides complete weather protection.
- Side D-shaped mesh and door ports for comfort and accessibility.
- Oversized stuff bag with compressions straps make packing away quick and easy.
- Separate Inner tent bedroom compartment available.
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Canvas: Polycotton 210gsm - 65% polyester / 35% Organic Cotton
Floor: 400 Denier Oxford PU / 10,000mm HH
Pegs and poles: 18x steel pegs / steel poles
Toggles and fitments: FSC-certified wood
Pitched: 3m x 2m (diameter x height)
Door height: 1.4m
Slant height: 3m
Volume: 7.1m³ (approx)
Packed: 70 x 35 x 25cm
Product Care Information
Canvas tents always need ‘weathering in’ before their first use or after a prolonged period of storage. This process seals up any spaces in the canvas weave or the stitching and ensures that your tent is completely waterproof. All you have to do is pitch your tent outside in wet weather or give it a thorough soaking with a hose, allowing the tent to dry fully before packing it away.
Polycotton canvas is susceptible to mildew if it's not allowed to completely dry out. You must always ensure that your tent is completely dry before packing it away for a prolonged period of time. We use polycotton canvas in our Roundhouse which is faster drying and more resistant to mildew, but still requires the same care.
We’re committed to only using cotton from organic or Better Cotton Initiative-certified sources which is why we’ve used 100% organic cotton for the Roundhouse. As well as being free from harmful fertilisers and pesticides, organic cotton uses significantly less water and produces lower levels of greenhouse gases.
Gear You'll Love For Longer
We've specifically chosen materials and construction to increase the Roundhouse's lifespan (e.g. steel poles and pegs, seamed construction, 400D PU floor) and ensure that your tent will last for years.
All wooden toggles and fitments use FSC-certified materials.