Project is HUGE. We can’t emphasise enough how huge it is.
At 15 cm thick with over 2 square metres of landing area, Project is one of the fattest, most substantial foam bouldering pads on the market - ideal for highballing.
Project is made from 3 layers of foam. The 11cm open cell core absorbs the impact of your fall, with 2cm closed cell on the top and bottom to distribute weight across the landing space and protect against rocks underneath. Project closes using a hinge fold, which prolongs the life of your foam and makes it easier to store.
The foam lives in an abrasion resistant 1100 denier Cordura shell, sewn and bar-tacked by Dom and the gang in our UK factory.
We fall off things a lot, so we make crash pads that can take a lot of falls. Our foam is crosslinked – a process which bonds molecules in the foam that would not usually link together to make it much stronger and reduce break down from repeated compressions. This makes our foam more shock absorbent and durable than other foams on the market.
- Massive bouldering pad, ideal for highballing, for excellent protection that you can comfortably carry.
- 2 square metres of landing zone for optimal ground coverage
- Designed and manufactured in our UK factory (just next door to HQ).
- 3 layer ‘sandwich’ construction: open cell foam for shock absorption sandwiched between 2 layers of closed cell foam for distributing your weight.
- Secure 3 tension hook and strap closure.
- Squared-off corners stop you from getting gaps in your multi-pad landing zone.
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Outer: 1100d Cordura, DWR coating
Core layer foam: 110mm HLB22 polyether open cell foam; density: 19 – 23kg/m3
Top and bottom layer foam: 20mm closed cell cross-linked polyethylene foam; density: 25 kg/m3
Hardware: aluminium tension buckles, YKK zips
Open size: 127 x 160 x 15cm
Closed size: 127 x 80 x 30cm
Shoulder straps and simple waist belt (Note: The Project now uses a stitched in carry system, rather than removable velcro straps)
Product Care Information
To clean your bouldering pad, brush off excess dirt, wipe down with a damp sponge then leave to dry. Our bouldering pads are made to endure. All our foam is protected by a 3 year Alpine bond, all bouldering pad ‘shells’ are protected by a 25 year Alpine bond. If you do want to replace your foam, you can buy new foam directly from us.
Whilst the debate between taco vs. hinge is undoubtedly a personal one, the Origin tends to be the pad we reach for first as we think it's the best all-rounder.