Pelmo is an 18 litre daypack designed for outdoor and everyday use and made from tough, light and water resistant waxed cotton.
- Waxed cotton is naturally hard-wearing and water resistant
- Padded back support and shoulder straps
- Internal sleeve to keep laptops/documents separated
Dry waxed cotton is cotton canvas imbued with wax to give it water resistance and a supple feel. Waxed cotton is lightweight and incredibly durable which is why it’s been used over the centuries for everything from sailcloth to garments for farmers, and why we’ve used to it make daypacks suitable for day-in, day-out use.
Pelmo features a wide YKK zip with storm flap that makes it easy to find stuff inside and an external pocket with hook and loop closure and key clip to keep smaller items more accessible. A padded back panel and shoulder straps ensures the Pelmo is comfortable for a full day of walking.
Designed and crafted by the team here at our Nottinghamshire factory, all stress-points are bar-tacked and seams bound. We know how important a dependable backpack is, so you’ve also got the reassurance of a 25 year Alpine Bond warranty just in case.
- Waxed cotton is a naturally hard-wearing and water resistant material
- Padded back support and shoulder straps for carrying in comfort
- Zipped main pocket with internal sleeve to keep laptops/documents separated
- Small external front pocket with hook and loop closure and key clip
- Uses dry waxed cotton reduces transfer of wax onto your clothing
- Hypalon square to attach a rear safety light
- Designed and made by our Nottinghamshire factory team
- 25 Year Alpine Bond
Outer fabric: 330 denier dry waxed cotton
Lining fabric: Cotton
Hardware: Aluminium tension hooks, YKK zips
Origin: United Kingdom
Product Care Information
For us, caring for our gear is all part of the adventure. Pelmo is made from dry waxed cotton, which has a higher melting point than regular waxed cotton to reduce transfer onto your clothes (it will still transfer, but at a slower rate). You still need to rewax your bag every so often so that it maintains its water resistance. We recommend rewaxing every 12 months, or if you notice your bag isn’t repelling water as it should. For more detail on how to rewax your bag, take a look at our rewaxing support sticky.