We love product innovation, we're fans of lightweight. But not at any cost.Product innovation for the 2020's will be defined by our ability to deliver urgent action on the climate crisis and address inequality in the outdoors without compromise to performance.
We love product innovation, we're fans of lightweight. But not at any cost.
Product innovation for the 2020's will be defined by our ability to deliver urgent action on the climate crisis and address inequality in the outdoors without compromise to performance.
A World's First
PFC Free Mountaineering Jacket
Definition is a world-first. A PFC-free mountaineering jacket. It’s a fortress against the elements at high-altitude. And it gives you freedom of movement. But there’s more to it than that. Here are the elements that make the Definition the pinnacle of sustainable high performance.
PFCs & Fabric
Many waterproofs have durable water repellent coatings that leave a residual trail of toxic PFC chemicals behind them.
We’re one of the very few brands that have completely eliminated PFCs from our entire range of waterproofs. Definition is a worlds-first PFC free mountaineering jacket. You’ll still need to wash and re-apply an environmentally-friendly DWR such as Nikwax every 6 months or so. This is good stewardship that keeps your jacket in prime condition. Good as new.
Low Impact from Start to Finish
Ready for Anything
Fully featured and tough as old boots, the Definition is a fortress of a jacket designed to safely encase you from the wettest, windiest, and wildest of mountain weather.
- - High performance (30K HH/20K MVTR) 3-layer fabric
- - Extremely abrasion resistant nylon 6,6 outer fabric
- - Mountaineering-ready cut, hood, zips and adjustors
Mountain Ready Features
1. Large core-venting zips on the side allow you to dump heat quickly. And we’ve located them so that you can access the pockets on your midlayers without having to fully open your jacket.
2. Harness and hip belt compatible chest and hand pockets. All big enough for an OS map with added drainage holes stop water pooling after putting wet hands into them.
3. Helmet compatible hood. With a wired and stiffened peak to protect your head from rain and spindrift. Elastic adjusters give you a great fit, even when you're not wearing a helmet.
4. Cohaesive cordlocks around the hem and your hood make adjusting the fit of your jacket quick and easy. We’ve designed them to be operated while wearing gloves and specifically angled them to stop the drawcord from catching.
5. Pre-shaped arms are made for movement so the jacket won't ride up when you're swinging an ice axe.
6. Gusseted cuffs with anti-snag Velcro mean that you can get the sleeves over or under gloves easily or pull them up when you’re working hard.
Preorder Now and be the First to Summit, PFC Free
The Most Sustainable Jacket is the One You Already Own.
The gear you use day in, day out, year after year, is ultimately the best for the environment. Durable, repairable, functionally strong products. The products you form a bond with and carry memories of exploits and adventures.
Product Lifecycle Analysis assesses the environmental impact of products. From extraction of raw materials, through the production process to the point it is used and then ultimately recycled or ends in landfill.
Over 65% of the impact of a product is in the raw material and production processes. This means looking after it and using it for a long time isn’t just good for your wallet, it’s good for the planet. So you can treasure that old waterproof from the 1990's knowing you’re doing it right.
The most sustainable jacket is the one you already own.