We're finalists for the 2021 Great British Entrepreneur Awards for the Midlands region – and in a year of 4,800 entries!
We've made it to the final, we're going to Wembl... Ok, maybe it's not the biggest final this summer – no one's going to accompany us with an impromptu chorus of Neil Diamond. But we're delighted to be going all the same.
The Great British Entrepreneur Awards were set up in 2012 to champion entrepreneurs behind brilliant businesses and celebrate their stories. Our nomination for Sustainability Entrepreneur of the Year comes off the back of a year in which we've:
- Become a certified BCorp with one of the highest scores in the UK (95)
- Committed to reducing our carbon emissions by 46% (by 2025) to help limit temperature rises to 1.5°C
- Become a certified Living Wage employer
- Rehomed over 3 tonnes of outdoor gear from 7,000 customers since 2017 through our Continuum Project, keeping it out of landfill
- Completed over 2000 outdoor gear repairs, regardless of brand
- Donated over £300,000 to more than 1,000 project through the Alpkit Foundation
- Moved our performance waterproofs to 100% PFC-free water repellents
But we're not stopping there. We're already looking at ways to make our products more repairable and recyclable, and will soon be electrifying the Alpkit fleet!