Discover magical mountains and secret glens with shimmering lochs and hidden waterfalls, perfect for a summer swim. Explore lost ruins and castles, watch sea-bird colonies on dramatic cliffs or walk barefoot on white-sand beaches lapped by turquoise waters. Wild camp in flower-covered dunes and retreat to ancient inns with roaring fires and even warmer welcomes.
In this inspiring compendium you will find the best of Scotland’s unspoiled Highlands and Islands. Featuring stunning photography and engaging travel writing, this is the perfect guide for those seeking a wild adventure.
From the award-winning Wild Guide series, with over 700 secret adventures, hidden places and wild escapes. Taking you to places no other guidebook reaches.
- Secret beaches, crystal coves and tiny islands
- Dramatic sea stacks, caves and cliffs
- Waterfalls, lochs and river swimming
- Magnificent glens and mountains
- Sacred remains and lost ruins
- Wildlife wonders and ancient forests
- Local food and drink – from the best seafood to micro-distilleries
- Secluded luxury hideaways, cottages and quirky campsites
- Wild camping and bothies
- 26 Areas of Scotland covered
- Local and expert authors
- Map of each region
- Stunning photography
About the Authors
Kimberley Grant is a travel and lifestyle journalist and photographer from Glasgow.
David Cooper is a photographer, writer and mountaineer from the Shetland Isles.
Richard Gaston is a travel and fashion photographer from Ayrshire.
Together they have camped, climbed, walked , swum and eaten their way around the Highlands and Islands to bring you the best adventures Scotland has to offer.
Size: 210mm x 170mm
Illustrations: 400 photos, 28 maps
Origin: United Kingdom