Guiding you to 750 secret places and wild adventures, including slow food treats and quirky places to stay, this book is perfect for the discerning explorer seeking unusual things to do off the beaten track, for families and for couples dreaming about the ultimate weekend escape. Includes 20 detailed Ordnance Survey locator maps, and over 350 photos.
- Wild swim in the best waterfalls, river pools and blue lagoons
- Discover secret beaches and islands you can canoe to
- Find the best easy ridge scrambles and gorge walks
- Avoid the crowds with lesser known easy peaks and hidden valleys
- Discover extraordinary caverns, caves, grottoes and ruins
- Enjoy meadows and amazing wildlife
- Seek out micro breweries and artisan food producers
- Sleep in a bothy or shepherd’s hut, or wild camp with our secret reccommendations
- 11 Areas of the Lake District covered
- 9 Areas of the Yorkshire Dales covered
- Map of each region
- Stunning photography
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
About the Authors
Daniel Start is an award-winning travel writer and photographer. He is author of Wild Swimming, Hidden Beaches and Wild Guide South East.
Tania Pascoe is a naturalist and food writer. She is author of Wild Garden Weekends and Wild Guide South West.
Origin: United Kingdom
Delivery to France, Germany and Ireland is free over €80.
All duties and import charges are covered by Alpkit.