When we say ground up, we mean ground up… Frustratingly enough, getting your butt off the floor can be the hardest part of a boulder problem.
Waffa is a small crash pad for protection from up-close impact. It’s ideal for protecting sit starts, ground traverses and covering over outlying rocks or strange landings.
Waffa uses a layer of 4 cm open cell foam to absorb impact. A 48 x 80 cm landing space gives good coverage for your sit start and fits inside your full pad for the walk in.
Made by Andy and the gang in our UK factory, Waffa’s shell is abrasion resistant 1100 denier Cordura with a DWR coating, bar-tacked stress points make sure it can cope with the hard life of a bouldering pad.
We fall off things a lot, so we make crash pads that can take a lot of falls. Our foam is crosslinked – a process which bonds molecules in the foam that would not usually link together to make it much stronger and reduce break down from repeated compressions. This makes our foam more shock absorbent and durable than other foams on the market.
- Small bouldering pad for sit starts, ground traverses, and covering outlying rocks.
- Designed and manufactured in our UK factory (just next door to HQ).
- Open cell foam absorbs shock.
- Fits inside your full pad (including the Mujo, Origin and Project).
- Grab handle for carrying and spotting.
- Tough 1100 denier Cordura shell to cope with the challenging life of a boulder pad.
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Outer: 1100d Cordura, DWR coated
Foam: 40mm HLB22 polyether open cell foam; density: 19 – 23 kg/m3; hardness: 250 – 300 newtons
Hardware: YKK zip
Weight: 1 kg
Size: 50 x 80 x 4cm