Down Wash and Reproofing
Gear that is looked after performs better and lasts longer. With our down wash and reproofing service we can restore the natural loft of your down sleeping bags, fluff up your down jackets and reproof your waterproofs.
Chris - Ambleside Store Manager
Download a PDF form and include it with your item.
With the prices involved in purchasing waterproofs and down items, we know that washing them yourself can sometimes be a bit daunting. Never mind the fact that you need a big ol’ tumble drier too! We will be using Nikwax® cleaning products and can wash and dry: waterproof jackets & trousers, insulated jackets, sleeping bags, expedition suits and salopettes... they don't even need to be Alpkit products either!
- Down Jacket Wash: £30
- 2 x Down Jacket Wash: £45
- Waterproof Tech Wash & Reproof: £25
- 2 x Waterproof Tech Wash & Reproof: £30
- Sleeping Bag Wash (up to 1.5kg or under 700FP): £45
- Sleeping Bag Wash (over 1.5kg or over 700FP): £55
Prices include return postage within the UK.
This service is currently via our store in Ambleside. Call them on 015394 54954 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How the process works:
- Before your item goes through the washing and drying process we thoroughly inspect the item for any signs of damage. If we find damage on the initial inspection you will be informed. We can then either do the repair for you before cleaning, or return the item back without washing and drying. Repair costs and lead times will be discussed in-store and you’ll have the opportunity to proceed or decline. We recommend that before you send the item in, you take some time to inspect your item.
- We will wash your garment as per the care instructions on the garment. If your item is unsuitable for tumble-drying we will not be able to wash it. (This is more applicable for insulation layers and sleeping bags). Please give us a ring on 015394 54954 though and we can discuss your options.
- After lots of abuse, some stains are well and truly bedded into the fabrics, and even the best wash won’t always get rid of a stain.
- There is a very slim chance your item may be damaged through the washing and drying process. If damage does occur, we reserve the right to repair the damage at our cost.
- We will work towards a 7 day turn around, but during busy periods this may take longer. You will be given an idea of time scales upon booking.