We’re absolutely thrilled to have Emma Pooley on the Sonder bike team!
Emma Pooley is one of Great Britain’s most respected and successful road cyclists of the past two decades. Now cycling purely for fun and the sense of personal challenge, Emma competes in ultra-distance bikepacking events. She continues to race - purely for fun - in mountain running and ultracyling, and is writing an autobiographical recipe book to share her passion for eating real, tasty food in sport!
She broke the women’s Everesting record early in 2020. Just for a laugh, she then went on to do it all over again – this time on a brutal 571m gravel climb with a 16% gradient (in 12:26:10 hours)! Even more excitingly for us, she completed it on her very own Sonder Camino Ti.
- Women's Everesting by bike record. 8 hours, 53 mins, 36 secs. (July 2020)
- Winner of 2019 Further adventure cycle race.
- 10 Olympic, World and Commonwealth medals (including a silver in the 2008 Olympic Road Time Trial)
- 2010 Time Trial World Champion.
- 6 World Cup victories.
- 4 x LD Duathlon World Champion
- 7 x UCI Stage Race Wins
It was very exciting to see Emma push one of our bikes to the absolute limit like this and we can’t wait to see what she gets up to over the coming year on a very special custom build that's already in the works. Keep your eyes peeled.