Sonder Alpha Aero are our lightweight performance wheelset design to balance flat road speed with climbing efficiency to keep you moving faster for longer. They're built to eat up miles year after year on Alpine epics, far-flung British back roads and post-work blasts: designed, laced and precision-built in the UK.
- Disc brake specific and tubeless-ready design for 25 to 35mm tyres
- 31mm deep rims and bladed spokes to reduce drag
- 120-point engagement for quick acceleration and pedalling efficiency
- Built to last: fully serviceable and repairable with no specialist tools required
We’ve used a 6-pawl freehub for instant acceleration and maximum pedalling efficiency. This gives 120 points of contact - just 3° of rotation between each click. With faster engagement, the wheels respond the minute you put the hammer down and save wasted watts. The rims are 31mm deep to reduce drag on the flat without adding too much mass for the climbs. The deep profile and Pillar bladed spokes cut through the air to optimise efficiency.
Made from a premium KLM41 (6061) alloy, we’ve been able to maximise rim strength and stiffness for a lower weight. They’re also welded and pre-taped for a tubeless-ready set up to save more weight and reduce rolling resistance.
24mm wide (with a 19mm internal width), the Alpha Aero wheels are optimised for 25mm to 35mm tyres. This allows you to run higher volume tyres that roll faster, are more comfortable over distance and have better grip over changing surfaces.
Made in Britain
We lace, build and finish all our wheels in our Nottingham factory, with each one getting a full quality control inspection. We’ve brought the build process in house from overseas to enable us to produce something truly special. We can over see the whole construction of our wheels and keep quality consistent, production efficient and reduce the impact on the planet by not shipping boxes of wheels around the world.
- 6-pawl hubs (3°) for faster pedal engagement and stroke efficiency
- Deep profile 31mm rims reduce drag for better aerodynamics
- Premium quality alloy rims for strength and stiffness without the weight
- Pillar bladed alloy spokes reduce internal wheel turbulence
- Sealed hub bearings for longer lifespan and low maintenance
- Pre-taped welded rims for true tubeless compatibility
- Wider rims for improved tyre grip, comfort and rolling resistance
- Smooth gloss finish
- Covered by our 28 Day Ride Guarantee
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
25mm – 35mm, tubeless compatible
Internal width: 19mm
External width: 24mm
Gloss finish KLM41 premium alloy
6-Pawl ratchet system with fully sealed cartridge bearings
15mm internal rear axle
6061 Alloy Body
6 Bolt Disc Mount
Pillar bladed alloy spokes
28 front, 32 rear
Front:100mm bolt-through / 12mm or 15mm QR
Rear:142mm x 12mm bolt through / 135mm QR
Sustainability and Product Care
Product Care Information
28 Day Rolling Returns
If you don’t love your Sonder wheels, you can send them back for a no-quibble refund within 28 days.